Technologist - IT Enablement & Cloud Adoption
Technologist - IT Enablement & Cloud Adoption
Local Talent Team, Ireland
Global Retail Markets (GRM) East | West IT Public Cloud Delivery Team is actively searching for an experienced Technologist who can play a key role in delivering on important aspects of our IT strategy. GRM East |West IT provides technology services and support to businesses in 16 countries around the world that primarily sell personal, small commercial, property and casualty insurance.
In this position, you will work with international operations across a number of key aspects of IT enablement - ITSM, DevOps, infrastructure standardization and the migration of workload to the public cloud. You will play a key role in driving the adoption of a Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline for the public cloud (primarily AWS) to be consumed by infrastructure and software developer teams globally.
As a Technologist you will work with a team that is focused on providing technology solutions that are easily maintained, flexible and aligned to our strategy to fully leverage public cloud services. You will work with team members from multiple functions in multiple locations, in a highly collaborative fast paced environment. Receives general direction from the Manager; decisions require creative thinking to envision the future system landscape and develop system migration plans.
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical leadership to drive implementation and adoption of global infrastructure & DevOps standards (technology & process) and enable the effective consumption of public cloud. You will participate as a technical lead, directing and monitoring teams and also individually contribute toward deliverables. You will have no direct management responsibilities, but will be highly accountable for the effectiveness, quality and timeliness of project decisions and how easily those decisions can be implemented and supported.
- Provide significant contribution to regular sprint planning sessions, quarterly, and annual planning cycles.
- Provide extensive support and direction in the deliver artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business requirements to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility.
- Provide extensive support and direction towards migration of key workload (from on premise to cloud) and provide guidance on technology selection.
- Support significant collaboration between international teams and Central IT teams on all cloud services - to ensure alignment with corporate standards while meeting market specific requirements.
- Support and direct thorough documentation of plans and processes in order for solutions to be easily consumed by a global user base.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support security services, processes, and tools as part of the CI/CD tool chain.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent technical capability with 6+ years’ experience with a strong software and/or infrastructure background and a proven track record of success
- Highly developed negotiation, collaboration, prioritization, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- In-depth knowledge of the following:
- IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- Architectures and technical standards.
- Traditional IT infrastructure & public cloud services
- Software development concepts and processes.
- Agile software development concepts and processes.
- New and emerging technologies.
- Business function(s), operations, objectives and strategies.
- Highly developed competency with consultative skills, including the ability to understand customer requirements, making recommendations for design, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- 15% - 20% of travel is involved in this role
- English proficiency. Spanish advantageous but not essential.
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- The drive, ability and desire to learn new concepts quickly.
- Experience with agile software methodology
- Experience with deploying, supporting and using CI/CD tools and practices in a public cloud environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) and the migration of workload to public cloud
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV email@example.com
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.