Actuarial Graduate - Pricing
Actuarial Graduate - Pricing
Product - Pricing
Liberty Mutual are making a significant strategic investment in further developing Pricing sophistication in our European markets. We are recruiting Pricing Actuaries, Data Scientists and Analytical experts to join our growing team. The successful candidates will have a unique opportunity to work on innovative Pricing projects across Ireland, Spain and Portugal. They will work closely with experienced Actuaries, Senior Analysts, Data Scientists and key business stakeholders in a collaborative and changing environment, providing leading edge Pricing solutions to drive success.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision, support the preparation of accurate and timely Pricing analysis and assist in making recommendations to support key business objectives.
- Provide support to a range of stakeholders by performing analysis within designated business segments to assist business decision making and financial planning
- Assist in profitability analysis and rate change recommendations for key lines of business based on appropriate tools and assumptions
- Analyse and monitor key performance indicators and assess rate change impacts
- As part of a team, develop solutions using sound actuarial/statistical approach to both new and routine Pricing problems
- Perform rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommend improvements to data quality
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all analysis and recommendations
- Implement and deliver work according to policies, guidelines and procedures of the Pricing function
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical work to technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop actuarial skills and business acumen
- Develop insurance knowledge.
- Minimum 2.1 honours analytical degree ideally in actuarial, mathematical or statistical studies
- Commitment to achieving qualification in the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
Knowledge & Experience
- Prior Actuarial experience as gained through an internship/s is preferred
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of how actuarial/statistical methodologies apply to business problems
- Good IT skills, will need to be comfortable with basic programming and eager to develop this skill. Knowledge of SAS, R or Python will be an advantage
- Understanding of the general insurance industry and of the business implications of analytical results
- Highly motivated with a genuine interest in learning about GI Pricing
- Can prioritise and organise their own workload to meet personal and team objectives
- Good oral and written and presentation communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a clear ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills or an interest in learning
- Flexibility to travel as required
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV email@example.com
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.